CLICK ME

Pages

My Slide Show

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Recipe One - Thai Money bags

 Hello my friends. Today is the first day for my first recipe. I'm gonna make Thai Money Bag. This recipe I got from Asian Mini cookbooks.



This is how it looks like in the book.

Well actually I wasn't in the mood to start today, but then I had to push myself and to prove to myself that i can do it even during my baddest day. I need to believe that I can finish 100 recipes in 100 days. Tonight i shall post to you the pictures of my version of the Thai money bag. 

Thanks ya'll.

Hello my friends. I managed to do my version of Thai Money Bag (popiah). Well I tastes good when eating it with Thai Chilli Sauce. It wasn't hard to make. So here is my version of Thai Money Bag.
 Thai Money Bag before cooked

My version of Thai Money Bag
Ingedients:
Garlic 4 cloves, peeled and finely chopped
chicken fillet 200 gm, finely diced
oyster sauce 2 tbsp
light soy sauce 1 tsp
ground white pepper 1/2 tsp
sesame oil 1/2 tsp
dried chinise mushrooms 6 soaked to soften, stems discarded and diced
water chestnuts 6 peeled and finely chopped
small prawns (shrimps) 200gm, shelled and deveined
glass noodle 55gm, soaked in cold water to soften, then drained
spring onion (scallions) 2, finely chopped, 10-12, blanched in hot water
cornflour (corn starch) 1 tsp  mixed with 1 tbsp water
spring roll (popiah skin) 20 sheets, each 10x10cm
Thai sweet chilli sauce

method:
  • prepare filling. heat 4 tbsp oil in a wok and stir fry garlic until fragrant. add chicken, oyster sauce, soy sauce, pepper and sesame oil. saute until chicken is cooked. add mushrooms, water chestnuts and prawns and cook for 1 minute.
  • Add glass noodles and spring onions. mix well. stir in cornflour mixture and cook until sauce is thick. leave to cool.
  • place 2 sheets of spring roll skin on work surface. spoon 1 tbsp filling in the center, then bring edges of skin up to enclose filling. secure pouch with a length of blanched spring onion. neaten pouch top with scissors. repeat until ingredients are used up.
  • heat oil for deep-frying and fry pouches until golden brown. remove and drain well. serve hot with Thai chilli sauce.
Good luck guys :)







    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    CLICK ME