CLICK ME

Pages

My Slide Show

Tuesday 15 November 2011

Recipe 9 - Beef Rendang Negeri Sembilan

Hello my friends, well my 9th recipe is beef rendang Negeri Sembilan. This beef rendang is always cooked at my hometown during Hari Raya Aidilfitri and Hari Raya Aidiladha. Why I call it beef rendang Negeri Sembilan is because that is where my hometown is. Both my parents are from Negeri Sembilan. So anyways here are pictures of my beef rendang Negeri Sembilan.

Beef rendang in the making
Beef rendang Negeri Sembilan

Here is the recipe for your to try out.

Ingredients:
red onions, 7 cloves finely sliced
garlic, 5 cloves finely sliced
ginger, 1 inch finely sliced
special rendang spices (can only get from me, my family's special spices)
chilli paste, 3 tbsp
serai, 2 pcs
tumeric leaf, 1 piece finely sliced
meat, 500 gm diced
salt, to taste
coconut milk, 1/2kg

Method:

  • heat oil. Put in the chilli paste, red onions, garlic, ginger, serai and special rendang spices.
  • once the oil has separated and the aroma arises add in the meat.
  • after meat is fried together until cooked add in the coconut milk, tumeric leaf finely sliced and salt. keep stirring the coconut until the coconut is dried. 
  • your beef rendang is ready when the coconut milk starts to dry and darken.
  • your beef rendang is now ready to be served. serves well with nasi impit and lemang.
Good luck friends. Hope your rendang works :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

CLICK ME