CLICK ME

Pages

My Slide Show

Friday 1 April 2011

20 Minutes Cooking with chef NURELL

Today I had meetings and errands to do the whole day. by the end of the day, my head was spinning...dizzy-dizzy, spinning-spinning. I took my acti-fast and waited for a while. Arrived home I was so hungry and there was nothing to eat because my mama came home late because she was still in a meeting. So I decided to cook something easy and fast. Here is what I made, my special home-made mee hailam. Recipe is very simple:

7 garlic (blendered / smash with lesug batu)
2 red onion (blendered / smash with lesung batu)
dried shrimp (a handful)
chicken meat cut into small pieces
cilipadi (according to your liking)
cili boh (according to your liking)
soy sauce
oyster sauce
chicken stock (half cube)
yellow mee
600ml water

1) Firstly mix the garlic, red onion, dried shrimp, cili boh and cili padi into pan of hot oil.
2) Then put in the chicken meat.
3) fry until cook and aroma comes out.
4) put in the oyster sauce and chicken stock.
5) Then put in 600 ml of water.
6) Now put in the soy sauce and a pinch of salt.
7) wait until it boils.
8) put in eggs if you want and once the eggs are cooked take it out again. (I like the egg yolk to be soft)
9) Take out the eggs and put it in a bowl and then put in the yellow mee.
10) wait for 1 1/2 minutes and your mee hailam is all done. Separate the mee and the gravy so that the mee won't expand and suck the gravy.
11) Your mee hailam is ready to be serve.

 gravy and eggs

Mee (which has been separated from the gravy)

Very easy and fast right? So what are you still waiting for? Try it out and let me know how it worked out.....don't forget to leave your comment here....

Thanks and enjoy your meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CLICK ME